ABOUT OUR TEAM
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
To assist stroke survivors and their caregivers maintain and improve their overall quality of life, and good health, and help with their ongoing recovery and that they remain living independently.
Vice President, Director
Secretary – Treasurer, Director
ABOUT OUR ASSOCIATION:
The PURPOSES of the Association are:
To promote good health by:
– providing stroke survivors and their caregivers with counselling, information, group support programs, education, social and recreational activities, and caregiver support;
– assisting stroke survivors and their caregivers with resources, information and tools to improve quality of life and allow stroke survivors to live independently;
– providing stroke survivors with speech and adaptive physical exercise therapy for continued rehabilitation after discharge from hospital, medical and therapy treatments;
– increasing awareness in the general public of, the causes, symptoms, prevention and impact of strokes; and, providing the general public with brochures, booklets, guides, educational seminars and presentations about the causes, symptoms, prevention and impact of strokes.
VSRA INFO SHEET
ABOUT OUR PROGRAMS:
If you are a health care professional… could your clients benefit?
REFERRALS ARE ENCOURAGED BUT NOT NECESSARY.
Are you a stroke survivor, a caregiver or a concerned family member?
- Weekly meetings of members who share similar experiences that creates a community of support
- Supervised exercise therapy groups directed by a kinesiologist and qualified exercise instructors
- Speech and conversation groups directed by a Registered Speech Language Pathologist
- Cognitive therapy
- Confidential, supportive caregiver support group
- Music therapy
- Educational and Entertainment presentations, including speakers on relevant topics, music and table games
- Community services ie. Handidart registration assistance
- Newsletter – Turtle Times
- Occasional special events throughout the year such as our annual Christmas luncheon, spring picnic, summer restaurant luncheons, pizza days, volunteer of the month, and much more….
NEWS AND EVENTS
Occasional special events throughout the year such as our annual Christmas luncheon, spring picnic, summer restaurant luncheons, pizza days, volunteer of the month, and much much more….